Southwest White Bean and Chicken Dip
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 8-10 People
- High-protein white bean and chicken dip chock-full of the flavors of the Southwest. A great alternative to hummus.
- 28 oz cannellini beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz red onion
- 4 oz assorted bell peppers
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 2 oz minced garlic
- 1 oz sherry vinegar
- 4 oz tomato concasse
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 3 skinless chicken breast
- Roasted Garlic Melba Snacks
- Puree 20 ounces of the beans and then combine with the whole beans.
- Using a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onions, jalapeño and peppers. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the bean mixture and sauté, stirring constantly, until the beans are heated through.
- Add the vinegar and tomatoes; continue to sauté until hot.
- Fold the chicken pieces into the bean mixture.
- Add the cilantro just before serving.
- Serve with Old London® Roasted Garlic Melba Snacks.
- Recipe by Peabody Johanson of http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/.