Slow Cooker Healthy Creamy Chicken Casserole
- Cook Time: 5 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings
- A healthy slow-cooked creamy chicken casserole that is packed with veggies and topped with Melba snacks. The Melba snacks soak up a bit of the creaminess from the sauce, which makes this dish taste like it is topped with stuffing.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup leeks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 7 oz 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 box Sea Salt Melba Snacks
- Add the chicken breasts to a 6-quart slow cooker; sprinkle green beans and mushrooms on top. Set aside.
- On the stovetop, add olive oil to medium-hot nonstick pan; when the oil is hot, add carrots, leeks, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, let this mixture cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir the flour into the carrot/leek mixtures for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth to the pan and stir until it thickens; add this mixture to the slow cooker on top of the chicken, mushrooms and green beans. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is done, shred the chicken with two forks. Stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Remove the bag of Melba snacks from the box. Open one end of the bag, and use a rolling pin to crush the Melba snacks into smaller pieces. Sprinkle the crushed Melba snacks over the chicken casserole. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe by Sarah Olson of http://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/.