Chicken and Soup Crackers
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- A complete chicken soup and cracker recipe with fresh ingredients and Sea Salt Melba Snacks.
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or homemade chicken stock
- 3 lb whole chicken
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground tumeric
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 box frozen okra
- 1 box Sea Salt Melba Snacks
- Place broth in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, thyme, turmeric, salt and pepper; simmer until vegetables are very tender.
- Add chicken pieces and frozen okra, and boil for 5 minutes. Add Melba snacks to hot stock.
- To serve, place crackers and chicken into bowls, and then cover with broth. Garnish with the parsley.